Now, I love a bit of pudding at Christmas, but the problem with being in the Southern Hemisphere, is that more often than not, it’s too warm for hot pudding! This is where Christmas Pudding Ice Cream comes in!
Every bit as Christmassy and pudding flavoured, but cool, creamy, and much lighter. Because sometimes I just find pudding a bit heavy and intense. Christmas Pudding Ice Cream I could eat every day!
If you want the flavour of pudding, but more appropriate for hot weather, or if you want something a little less heavy and intense? Try Christmas Pudding Ice Cream. I promise even people who are ho-hum about pudding will enjoy it!
Truly, it’s SO easy to make. It’s also perfect if you have leftover Christmas pudding or cake. This is much better!
- 2 x 1L tubs of Conniosseur Vanilla Ice Cream
- 80g dried apricots, chopped
- 80g dried cranberries, chopped
- 50g saltanas, chopped
- 50g dried currants
- 1 x 400-450g Christmas pudding (I used a delicious local pudding from Sweetwater Creek)
- 1 x 100g slivered almonds, chopped
- Leave your ice cream out for approx. 15 minutes prior to let it soften.
- Chop all your dried fruit (making sure you finely chop the apricots), and the slivered almonds, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, break up the Christmas pudding into small chunks, then add in the dried fruit and almonds and mix well.
- With a metal spoon, gently fold in the softened ice cream. Don’t add all the ice cream at once as it’s rather heavy so best to add it in 2-3 bits at a time.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into 1 large container or 2 smaller separate containers, and cover the top of the ice cream with plastic wrap to stop icicles forming.
- Place into the freezer. Ice cream should be set in about 2-4 hours but I always make it the night before as it will set further overnight.
To serve, top with toasted slivered almonds and/or custard, in waffled ice cream cones, or, do what I did for my Annual Girls Christmas Dinner and add a shot of coffee over the top for a Christmas Pudding affogato!
I hope you all have a beautiful Christmas and thanks so much for your support, on here and Instagram. It is so appreciated. Also don’t forget to tag me if you make any of these recipes.